Thursday 18 September, 2014
Kursaal Oostende, Ostend, Belgium
This one-day event, organised during the Filmfestival of Ostend, brought together over 100 industry professionals, policymakers and media analysts to discuss some of the key issues and trends affecting the film and television industries in Europe and particularly smaller European nations and regions.
The morning session focused on the challenges of European screenwriting, especially for writing and producing pan-European TV drama. The afternoon focused on the challenges and trends within financing and distributing European film, and specifically how the circulation of European films can be improved. The conference programme combined presentations by media experts and industry professions with panel discussions. The sessions gave audiences a chance to ask questions and contribute to the debate.
Read a report of the conference.
- Ingolf Gabold (Eyeworks, Denmark)
- Kathrine Windfeld (Director The Bridge, Denmark)
- Malin-Sarah Gozin (Showrunner Clan, Belgium)
- Hans Herbots (Director The Spiral, Belgium)
- Tasja Leonie Abel (ZDF, Germany)
- Rebecca O’Brien (Sixteen Films, UK)
- Hugo Heppell (Screen Yorkshire, UK)
- Jan De Clercq (Lumière, Belgium)
- Helen Perquy (Caviar, Belgium)
- Oliver Goris (Een, Belgium)
- Emmanuel Joly (MEDIA, Belgium)
- Petri Kemppinen (Finnish Film Foundation)
Download a copy of the conference programme.
Kursaal Oostende, Westhelling z/n, 8400 Oostende, België | Belgium